How to Clean Zebra Roller Blinds
Have you ever wondered, “How do you clean Zebra blinds?” Problind Shutters is the premier window treatment provider, servicing Greater Sydney, including Sutherland Shire, Eastern Suburbs, Southwestern Sydney, North & Northern Beaches, and Western Sydney. We offer Zebra roller blinds, a popular high-quality window treatment. We can demonstrate how to clean Zebra blinds in easy-to-follow steps.
Blinds need cleaning periodically to prevent the buildup of dust and allergens that can spread throughout your home. This article will guide you on the equipment you will need and how to clean Zebra blinds.
Equipment Needed to Clean Zebra Roller Blinds
As a proud Zebra blind owner, you will want to keep them fresh and clean. Whether you need light or deep cleaning, you will need a few items to do the job.
This is the cleaning equipment you will need:
- A vacuum cleaner with attachments
- A microfiber cloth or mini blind duster
- A bottle of gentle cleaner
How Do You Clean Zebra Blinds?
“How do you clean Zebra blinds?” We’ve got the answer. Keeping your blinds clean when you do regular house cleaning reduces the buildup of dirt and dust between deep cleaning sessions. Regular light cleaning also extends the durability and longevity of your blinds.
Light Cleaning Methods
Light cleaning removes loose dust that builds up in any environment. Removing it before the buildup is too thick helps preserve the blinds and makes routine and deep cleaning more manageable.
Here are the steps:
- Open the blinds, stopping them in that position.
- Wipe the blind from top to bottom to remove loose dust with the duster.
- With your vacuum cleaner and attachment, clean the remaining dust from the blind.
Spot cleaning is a great idea to maintain your blinds. However, it is essential to remember not to use bleach or any harsh cleaner on the blinds because it will damage the blind material. It could even cause a tear or hole to develop.
These are the recommendations for spot cleaning:
- Open the blinds, stopping them in that position, or remove them from the brackets and lay them out flat on a table.
- Carefully wipe gentle detergent with a soft cloth onto the spot.
- Apply gentle pressure as you rub the detergent into the blind material.
Routine cleaning is required for all window treatments, including Zebra roller blinds. It removes dust and allergens, leaving your home cleaner and safer for anyone suffering from allergies.
Window blind experts recommend the following:
- Clean the blinds with a soft cloth or vacuum cleaner every time you do house cleaning.
- Dust the window coverings at least once per month.
- Give your blinds a thorough cleaning at least once every change of season.
- Perform a deep cleaning on your blinds at least twice per year.
Two Ways to Deep Clean Zebra Roller Blinds
Roller blinds need frequent dusting and washing to maintain functionality. They need deep cleaning at least twice per year. Sometimes, tough stains or a significant dust and dirt buildup requires a professional touch, or you can choose to do it yourself.
Professional Blind Cleaners
Sometimes, blinds accumulate tough stains or discoloration that can only be removed by professional blind cleaners. In this case, you will follow the steps below to remove the blinds so you can take them to your preferred cleaner.
Steps to Deep Clean Zebra Roller Blinds Yourself
You may opt to deep clean your Zebra roller blinds yourself, which is a doable task. Just be careful about the type of detergent or chemicals you use and how much pressure you apply when cleaning.
Follow these steps to deep clean your blinds yourself:
- Close the blinds.
- Undo the child safety device.
- Assess the bracket type.
- Remove brackets.
- Send the blinds in for cleaning or wash them yourself.
If you wash the blinds yourself, use a mild detergent and lukewarm water with a sponge to remove dirt and debris gently. Squeeze out the water from the sponge, wiping the shade from top to bottom. Note: Do not saturate the blinds because it can leave unsightly watermarks and ruin them.
Problind Shutters Can Help with Your Zebra Roller Blinds
Problind Shutters and their professional staff are the premier provider of window treatments, serving Greater Sydney, including Sutherland Shire, Eastern Suburbs, Southwestern Sydney, North & Northern Beaches, and Western Sydney. When you need the highest quality blinds or need advice on how to clean Zebra blinds, Problind Shutters is the one to choose. Call today for all your window blind needs.