Trendy Roman Blinds Sydney Northern Beaches
The window treatments of the past are often seen as a reflection of the culture and times in which they were famous. From heavy drapes to light curtains, people have used window treatments for both practicality and style throughout history. One of the most fashionable trends today is Roman blinds – an enduring classic reinvented for modern homes on Sydney’s Northern Beaches especially. With their timeless appeal, these fabulous blinds offer a range of benefits, from increased privacy to improved insulation and aesthetic value.
Whether in Sydney’s Northern Beaches or elsewhere in Australia, these luxurious window treatments can help make your house stand out. In this blog, we look at different window treatment trends and compare them with roman blinds on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
What is the newest style for blinds?
One of the newest and most popular styles for blinds is wooden Roman blinds. These stylish, contemporary window treatments are perfect for various interiors, from boho chic to classic elegance. They are versatile and can be used in almost any space, including bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms and offices. The difference between these wooden and traditional Roman blinds is that they are more robust and longer lasting than their fabric counterparts. This makes them perfect for rooms exposed to high levels of wear and tear.
What are the top 5 trendy window blinds for home?
There are plenty of different window treatments to choose from, but these are 5 of the most popular for modern homes on Sydney’s Northern Beaches:
1. Venetian blinds: These classic window coverings have horizontal slats that can be adjusted to control light and privacy. The slats are available in wood, faux wood or aluminium, and various colours to match your décor. The Venetian blind originated in France and Italy in the 17th century. The design caught on quickly and is now a classic choice in many homes. In Sydney, they are popular choices for both contemporary and traditional homes.
2. Cellular blinds: Also known as honeycomb shades, these window treatments feature two layers of fabric connected by cells that trap air and create insulation. The material can be lowered or raised to control privacy and comes in various fabrics, colours, and sizes. Perfect for blocking out the Sydney sun’s glare! These blinds are often more expensive than Venetian blinds and may require more care, but they offer better insulation. They are suitable for homes with children and those looking for energy efficiency.
3. Roller blinds: This modern window treatment option is easy to install and maintain. The fabric is rolled up and down like paper, providing privacy and light control. Roller blinds are usually made from cloth, vinyl or aluminium and can be used in any room. These blinds are perfect for those who want a clean, contemporary look without compromising privacy. The Egyptians were far ahead of their time with the invention of this type of blind in 4,000 BC. Truly impressive! Roller blinds are ideal for homes and offices, providing a sleek, minimalist look that can be customised with motorised systems. They come in many options, like blackout or sheer fabrics, to fit any room. With roller blinds, you’ll enjoy complete control over your windows without compromising style!
4. Roman blinds: Traditional window treatments offer an elegant and timeless look. They feature thick fabric with raised and lowered pleats using a cord system. This design creates a unique look while providing insulation, light control, and privacy. Roman blinds are ideal for Sydney’s Northern Beaches, where they can easily filter out the bright sunshine. They are also suited to any décor and come in various colours, materials, and sizes. As mentioned, wooden Roman blinds are becoming increasingly popular for their robustness and longer-lasting quality.
5. Panel blinds: Perfect for oversized windows and sliding doors, panel blinds comprise large, overlapping fabric panels. They are easy to use and provide a contemporary look. Panel blinds are ideal for controlling light and privacy, especially in large Sydney homes. The neutral shades offer a classic and timeless look that is easy to customise with different fabrics, colours, and sizes. Panel blinds originate from the traditional shoji screens of Japan but have been adapted to fit modern homes.
The five trendy window treatments above offer the perfect balance of style and function for any home; however, many more options are available for Sydney homeowners, such as bamboo blinds, vertical blinds, and sheer curtains. Some might even consider shutters an option, although they usually provide more of a traditional look. Whatever option you choose for your home, ensure it fits your window size and style. The best way to ensure that is to get it custom-made by a professional like Problind s! With their expertise, you’ll get the perfect window treatment for your Sydney home.
What Colour blinds look best on windows?
The best colour of blinds to put on windows depends on the style and décor of the room. Neutral shades like beige, white, and grey work well in most spaces, while more vivid colours like blues, greens, and red can add a bit of personality. If your room has a lot of colours, going with the colour of a neutral blind can help to tie it all together. For an even more personalised look, you can choose patterned blinds that add a unique element to the room. Ultimately, it’s up to your personal preference and the style of the room. You will find one that works perfectly with all the colour and pattern options available!
Can Roman shades look modern?
Roman shades can look modern when paired with the right décor. Like any window treatment, choosing fabrics and colours that complement your room’s design can help give it a more modern feel. Try opting for light colours like white or beige and minimalist patterns for a contemporary look. A minimalist look can also be achieved using Roman shades with wooden or metal crowns and valances. Finally, you could combine your roman shades with modern hardware and motorised systems to increase ease of use. By following these tips, you can easily give your roman shades a modern update!
Problind is the perfect solution for Sydney homeowners looking for custom-made window treatments. The company’s team of experienced professionals are dedicated to creating the ideal fit for any window, offering a wide range of options to suit any style. Whether you’re looking for blinds, shades, curtains, or something else, Problind is the perfect choice for custom-made window treatments. Let us help you find the ideal treatment for your home today! Call us for a free quote or visit our website. We look forward to hearing from you!